2nd Jul, 2021
- Now Out: Value without Fetish – Uno Kōzō's Theory of 'Pure Capitalism' in Light of Marx's Critique of Political Economy.
- Now Out: The Workers' Movement and the National Question in Ukraine – 1897-1918.
- Now Out: The Falling Rate of Profit and the Great Recession of 2007-2009 – A New Approach to Applying Marx's Value Theory and Its Implications for Socialist Strategy.
- Midnight Sun is excited to share the powerful writing they’ve published since their launch in May, and ask you to consider supporting them on their Patreon (www.patreon.com/midnightsunmag) if you’d like to see more.
- Now Out: Selected Writings of Jean Jaurès – On Socialism, Pacifism, and Marxism.
- The research project "White Skin, Black Fuel: Investigating the (Anti-)Climate Politics of European Right-Wing Populism", based at the universities of Uppsala and Lund in Sweden, is looking for an early career scholar to join the team. A post-doc position for two years has just been announced. Full details can be found here:
- Notes from Below has launched a UK-wide inquiry into class composition and encourages you and your co-workers to take part by filling out the following survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ClassComposition. The project has so far attracted over 300 workers, across different industries, who have signed up. You can join the list here: https://tinyletter.com/NotesfromBelow.
- IHC and EGEAC have created the Amílcar Cabral Prize. It is open to researchers of any nationality who are recent recipients of doctoral degrees from any national or international university. The Prize is designed to honour historical research articles that deal with any topic or issue relating to the history of anti-colonial resistance and colonial empires. Detailed info here: https://ihc.fcsh.unl.pt/en/acp-2021/
- New zoom reading group to read volume 2 of Marx's Capital will be meeting weekly on zoom on Sundays at 2.30 pm British Summer Time starting on 11 July. Further details on the group can be found here:
- Arab Marxism and National Liberation Symposium:
- Launch of Twilight Capitalism: Karl Marx and the Decay of the Profit System:
- Two-part interview with Ian Birchall on Sartre:
- RABRAB Journal published this English translation of Walter Benjamin's text on Lenin from 1926, translated by Esther Leslie.
- Now Out: Christos Memos, Global Economic Crisis as Social Hieroglyphic: Genesis, Constitution and Regressive Progress.
- New reviews and an updated list of books for review recently published online in the Marx and Philosophy Review of Books.
- The Routledge Studies in Radical History and Politics series publishes a broad range of monographs and edited collections on areas and topics in radical history and contemporary radical politics. Read more about the series and how to submit to it here:
- Revolutionary Social Democracy: Recording of Eric Blanc's book launch.
- The History of Marxism in Japan w/ Gavin Walker.