22nd Mar, 2022
- This week only, get 60% Off a selection of books from the Historical Materialism and Studies in Critical Social Sciences series, covering topics including Marx and Marxism, political theory, radical history, contemporary capitalism, art and culture, critical theory, and philosophy. Free shipping on orders over $25 / £20 for readers in the US and UK.
- Announcement – New Marxism Translated Website has launched their website. Alongside providing easy access to their archive, the site will also power their new audiobook and podcast series (now available on Itunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Youtube and Soundcloud).
- Two free online lectures on mass incarceration organized by the Havens Wright Center for Social Justice at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
1) "From Plantation to Prison: The Origins of American Mass Incarceration" with Adaner Usmani and John Clegg. Monday, March 21, 1pm US CT/6pm UK time.
2) "What’s Wrong with Mass Incarceration?" with Adaner Usmani and Christopher Lewis. Tuesday, March 22, 12 noon US CT/5pm UK time
- Book Launch, Price of Slavery-Balibar, Hallward, and Douglas with Nick Nesbitt, Thursday March 24. Please For those whishing to attend the book launch at all, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for a zoom link for the launch.
- 2 April - Workshop on Christopher J. Arthur’s 'The Spectre of Capital'. London, Saturday 2nd April 2022 (with in-person and online participation), 2-5pm (GMT), Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL. Registration required. Please email email@example.com to reserve a place.
- Erik Olin Wright Prize: Eligible submissions can come from any of the social sciences, history, or philosophy, and any professional discipline. Two documents are required.
1. The student work to be considered. This can be no more than 15K words (excluding references but including footnotes).
2. A nominating letter from a faculty member familiar with the student’s work.
Whether its parts are sent separately or together, the deadline for completed submissions is April 15 of the year of the award and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be announced at the American Sociology Association annual meeting that same year.
- CFA: Marx & Philosophy Society Annual Conference. Keynote speakers: Vanessa Wills, Robert Knox, August Nimtz. For those interested, please send an abstract of no more than 300 words to Christoph Schuringa at email@example.com by March 31st. Submissions can, but need not, address the conference theme.
- History and Theory of Photography Research Centre 2022 After Critical Realism: A Study Day. Saturday 2nd April 2022, 13:00-18:00, Birkbeck, Malet St, MAL G13