3rd Aug, 2022
- Tyrus Miller's Modernism and the Frankfurt School (Edinburgh University Press, 2014) is now available in open access for free download as an e-book. It can be accessed by ordering the e-book at:
- Recording Now Available for Viewing: Capitalism and the Sea: The Maritime Factor in the Making of the Modern World,Liam Campling and Alejandro Colás in Conversation with Jeffery R. Webber, York University
· Sukriti Sharm on Slavoj Žižek's Pandemic! Covid-19 Shakes the World
· Sean Ledwith on Emilio Zucchetti and Anna Maria Cimino (eds), Antonio Gramsci and the Ancient World
· Katjo Buissink on Phil Jones’ Work Without the Worker: Labour in the Age of Platform Capitalism
· Ed Graham on Kate Soper’s Post-Growth Living: For an Alternative Hedonism
· Christian Lotz on Stuart Hall's Selected Writings on Marxism
· Lukas Meisner on Corine Pelluchon's Das Zeitalter des Lebendigen. Eine neue Philosophie der Aufklärung
- Minor Compositions Podcast Episode 4: The Weight of the Printed Word with Steve Wright
- Please support the translation of this important book!
The Possibility of Fascism by Ugo Palheta
- Chris Arthur will be presenting the novel interpretation of the so-called "transformation problem" in his new book to our volume 3 reading group on Sunday 7 August from 1430 to 1630 BST. There are still places available so if anyone is interested in attending please email me for a link with zoom connection details.
Further details on our fb group page here:
- || NEW BOOK ALERT || 'Proletarian China', our new book edited by Ivan Franceschini and Christian Sorace, is out! This volume looks back at the changes that took place in Chinese society over the past century from the vantage point of the working class. With each chapter revolving around a specific historical event, the volume is a mosaic of different voices, perspectives, and interpretations of what being a worker meant, and how it was experienced, in China over the past century. Buy a print copy from Verso Books or download it FOR FREE at
- a brief explainer on this week's rail strikes. There's also other videos on a range of workers' struggles from the last 6 months.
- Conjuncture | Politics as Organizing: An Interview with Michael Denning | S1 Ep5