20th Sep, 2022
- The Deutscher Prize Committee is pleased to announce the shortlisted books for this year’s prize:
Ilya Budraitskis – Dissidents among Dissidents Ideology, Politics and the Left in Post-Soviet Russia
Kolja Lindner – Marx, Marxism and the Question of Eurocentrism
Silvia Federici – Patriarchy of the Wage: Notes on Marx, Gender, and Feminism
Gabriel Winant – The Next Shift: The Fall of Industry and the Rise of Health Care in Rust Belt America
Follow the Deutscher Prize on Twitter (@DeutscherPrize) for further updates from the Prize and upcoming podcasts with the nominees.
- The first seminar in Contemporary Marxist Theory of this academic year: A second Pink Tide? Prospects and challenges for the Latin American left, Wednesday 5 October 4pm UK time. Register here in advance for this meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZItfuuhrDgtHdS3sSFoUeBBgguKU1bQNSQ9
- A hybrid book launch of ‘Art Work: Invisible Labour and the Legacy of Yugoslav Socialism’ (University of Toronto Press, 2021) by Katja Praznik will take place, in conversation with Silvia Federici, Sept 23, 2022 at 3:00 pm EDT/9:00pm CET, 509 O'Brian Hall, University at Buffalo and Zoom. Register here:
- Watch "Global Trotskyism and the Problem of the Korean War”, by Owen Miller:
- York Left Consortium: Reflections on Capitalism's Half-Life interview with Alfredo Saad Filho – ‘Breaking the hold of authoritarian neoliberalism by working class movements’ – is available at:
For more information about the project:
- Call for papers, actions, and workshops: The Great Transition: Fighting back in Times of Global Crisis: Repoliticizing, Imagining, Achieving, 18-21 May 2023, Organized by Alternatives and Historical Materialism.